Pathways to recovery
European Partnership for Delivering Quality Community Mental Health Services
We are pleased to invite you to the 8th EUCOMS Meeting which will be held on the 11th of February 2020 in Plzen, Czech Republic. The meeting is organized alongside with the International Conference on Recovery which will take place on the 11th – 12th of February in the same location, hosted by Czech Republic – a country where transformation of mental health care system has recently started.
EUCOMS aims to work with and support partners in Europe and beyond to provide good quality mental health services embedded in the community. EUCOMS envisions a world in which European citizens have access to quality community mental health services contributing to their mental health and wellbeing enabling them to live in their own community, on their own terms.
The network started in 2015 in Oslo, and since then its partners met in The Netherlands, Northern Ireland, Germany, Luxemburg, Spain, France and Italy.
This year we organise the meeting together with our host from Ledovec (Iceberg) in Czech Republic, a leading provider of community based care in the region of Plzen and one of the pioneers of recovery in the country. At the meeting we highlight a specific theme, recovery in mental health focused on strengths and goals of the client.
Building upon the previous EUCOMS meetings we aim to work on the promotion, monitoring, evaluation and support of the implementation of quality community mental health care (CMHC) in Europe and beyond. We would like to invite participants to:
- Share knowledge and experience related to the theme of Recovery;
- Discuss the operationalisation of the fundamental principles and the key elements of community based mental health care of the consensus paper outlined in the consensus paper;
- Help to disseminate the vision of EUCOMS by translating and adapting the position paper in a journal in your country;
- Prepare exchange visits with other services using the EUCOMS exchange tool.
The meeting will be partly interactive and participants are encouraged to provide input. In this way, we hope to create an open environment where people can connect, brainstorm and come to valuable insights, conclusions and partnerships.
In spirit of one of the networks’ main values ‘nothing about us without us’ we strongly encourage you to invite peer experts and other persons with lived experience to participate in the meeting.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com.
We look forward to welcoming you in Plzen!
Dr. René Keet
Chair of the EUCOMS Network
Director FIT-academy Community Mental Health
Service GGZ Noord-Holland-Noord
Founder of Ledovec
Regional coordinator of transformation of MH system
- Here you can find the preliminary program of the EUCOMS Meeting
- More practical information (venue location, how to get there, hotel recommendations) you can read in the informationsheet.
- Participation in the international conference requires a seperate registration (plus a 25 euro registration fee) on their conference website